"It is sooooooooo good."
—Fortune Favors retail manager and in-house photographer, Amy, after making this recipe
As a Wisconsin-based company, we're proud cheese eaters. We like it in slices, crumbles, curds, and spreads like this one rolled in chopped Fortune Favors The Everything (like the bagel seasoning!) candied pecans. Serve it with your favorite crackers, pretzels, or veggies. It's great for a crowd too!
This recipe is adapted from Amy Sedaris's smoky cheese ball recipe. She was gracious enough to share her recipe with the New York Times long ago, and we've added our own crunchy, savory twist for you!
Note: This recipes makes one GIANT cheese ball. We recommend splitting it into two balls or halving the recipe to make a smaller cheese ball.
The Everything Seasoned Pecan Cheese Ball
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons steak sauce (like A-1)
1 cup well chopped Fortune Favors The Everything candied pecans
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Crackers, pretzels, or veggies for serving
- Place Gouda, cream cheese, butter, milk, and steak sauce in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to refrigerator and let chill overnight.
- Roll cheese mixture into a ball with hands.
- Place chopped The Everything pecans in a large shallow dish or bowl.
- Roll cheese ball in pecans and optional herbs to fully coat.
- Place on a plate, serving tray, or cutting board and top with any extra pecans.
- Chill until ready to serve and enjoy with crackers, pretzels, and veggies!
Football fans, we challenge you to shape the cheese spread into a football like the one pictured below!