Whoever said salads are boring never had one with Fortune Favors candied pecans! This recipe is colorful, flavorful, and The Everything gives it that satisfying crunch. The dressing is light and citrusy—perfectly refreshing on a hot summer day. The ingredients listed below are more of a suggestion than a requirement. Feel free to add your own favorite veggies, berries, or cheeses!
For the salad:
- 2-3 cups mixed greens
- Handful of baby carrots, cut into thin circles (or use shredded carrots)
- Handful of sugar snap peas, chopped
- Two radishes, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/4 of a large cucumber, sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup watermelon, roughly chopped and drained to remove excess water (otherwise your greens will get soggy)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/8 cups roughly chopped The Everything candied pecans
- any other veggies you want to add!
For the dressing:
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- Juice from half of a lemon
- Pinch(es) of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp honey mustard (optional)
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small mason jar and shake for ~30 seconds.
- Combine all salad ingredients (except candied pecans) in a medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and gently toss again. If you like your salad less dressed, you don't need to use the entire jar of dressing.
- Top with The Everything candied pecans.
- Enjoy immediately!
Recipe makes about one medium salad or two small side salads.