Do you like ice cream?
Do you like Fortune Favors candied pecans?
Do you like the Fortune Favors Magic Bar?
If you answered yes to all of the above, this recipe is for you!
This ice cream is divine. Traditional butter pecan ice cream meets the salted pecan caramel, dark chocolate, and vanilla nougat of the Fortune Favors Magic Bar! Let that sink in for a moment.
It's made with just seven ingredients! No boiling, simmering, or stove top required, but you will need an ice cream maker... one of our staff members was lucky enough to find a functional Cuisinart ice cream maker at a local thrift store for just $13.99. We hope you can find one too!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Fortune Favors The Classic candied pecans
- 1 Fortune Favors Magic Bar
- Place ice cream maker bowl in freezer and leave in freezer for ~24 hours to chill completely.
- Very roughly chop Fortune Favors The Classic candied pecans. Or if you prefer, you can leave them whole or finely chop them to your liking. Set aside in sealed container until ready to use.
- Roughly chop Magic Bar into ~1/4 inch to ~1/2 inch pieces. Place in sealed container and set in fridge until ready to use.
- Combine sugar, whole milk, and salt in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer or a hand whisk to stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add vanilla extract and heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and let chill in fridge for at least 2 hours (or overnight for best results!)
- Prepare ice cream maker by removing ice cream maker freezer bowl from the freezer and placing into machine (don't turn machine on yet.) Place plastic circle piece inside freezer bowl (circle side up.)
- Turn machine on.
- Pour milk mixture into machine and attach lid.
- Churn for 20-25 minutes or until ice cream reaches your desired consistency.
- Keeping machine on, pour in candied pecans and Magic Bar bits!
- Churn for about 2 more minutes to fully incorporate mixture.
- Turn off and unplug ice cream maker.
- Try a spoonful of ice cream immediately! :)
- Then, using a plastic spatula, scoop ice cream into desired container(s).
- Let ice cream firm up in freezer for 20+ minutes (or enjoy right away for a softer consistency.)
- Optional: Serve with additional Fortune Favors and/or Magic Bar pieces sprinkled on top!
- Store in freezer for up to 4 weeks!
Note: If your ice cream stays too soft after leaving it in the freezer, you can run it through the ice cream maker again to make it thicker. Time needed will vary.
Makes about 5 cups of ice cream.