What's better than toffee? Chocolate toffee.
What's better than chocolate toffee? Chocolate toffee with Fortune Favors!
This is the sweetest and most delicious toffee recipe you'll find. It was developed by our very own staff member, Helen, just in time for the holiday baking season!
- 1/2 lb (2 sticks) salted butter (if unsalted, add 1/8 t. salt)
- 1 1/4 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. light corn syrup
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. coarsely chopped Fortune Favors The Classic pecans
- 1 c. chocolate chips of your choice (the example used 1/2 semi-sweet and 1/2 dark)
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan or line it with foil, dull side up. You can also grease the foil.
- Combine butter, sugar, water, and corn syrup in a heavy pot.
- Place a candy thermometer in the pan if you have one (best method), taking care that the tip doesn't touch the pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Leave on constant medium-high heat and continue stirring until candy reaches a temperature of 290-300 degrees, or the hard crack stage. It will be a rich amber color.
- Quickly pour the toffee mixture into the prepared 9" x 13" pan and spread it out evenly.
- Working quickly, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the entire surface while it’s still hot.
- Once the chocolate is melted, spread it evenly over the toffee.
- While chocolate is still melted, sprinkle Fortune Favors The Classic pecans over the entire pan.
- Press The Classic pecans well into the melted chocolate.
Cool completely in the refrigerator, break into pieces and enjoy! Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.