Wake up the right way with this awesome take on an American breakfast classic. Extra fluffy pancakes topped with caramelized apple slices and of course, Fortune Favors The Spicy! Sweet, savory, warm, gooey, and crunchy. What’s not to love?
Ingredients1 cup flour
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
¾ cup (plus 2 tsp.) milk
2 eggs (separated)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup apples (peeled, finely chopped)
½ cup plus ¼ cup Fortune Favors The Classic (chopped)
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add apples and ½ cup The Classic.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into batter.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto a hot, greased griddle or skillet.
- Turn when bubbles begin to form and the edges are golden.
- Cook until the second side is golden, then serve topped with remaining The Classic and a favorite syrup.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Adapted with permission from Recipes | ILovePecans