Shake up Taco Tuesday by skipping the ground beef and grabbing some Fortune Favors The Spicy instead! This creative and flavorful taco recipe one-ups all the things that make tacos great: heat, texture, and protein. Tacos 2.0🔥.
This recipe is vegetarian and can be made:
✅Gluten-free if you use corn tortillas or shells.
✅Vegan if you leave out the cheese and sour cream.
All Fortune Favors pecans are gluten-free and vegan!
Ingredients for filling:
- 2 tablespoons pecan or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1.5-2 cups roughly chopped Fortune Favors The Spicy
- 1/2 -1 cup frozen or canned corn (optional)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ to ¾ cup water
Ingredients for toppings and assembly:
- Flour tortillas or hard taco shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheddar Cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onion
- Pickled jalapeño
- Taco sauce
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce (if you like your tacos extra spicy)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Sauté onions until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté until onions have caramelized and mushrooms have browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add corn (optional).
- Stir in The Spicy and taco seasoning and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Stir in ½ to ¾ cup of water, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until flavors have developed and water has reduced.
- Serve with tortillas or shells and add assorted toppings.
- Makes about 6 flour tortillas or 10 shells.