The perfect compliment to soup season is this Fortune Favors candied pecan cornbread! This recipe is so simple—just grab a box of your favorite cornbread mix and add the Classic or The Spicy. We recommend using a heart-shaped pan because we could all use a little more love. Serve alongside a wild rice soup, a loaded bowl of chili, or a cheesy casserole. We have plenty of other tasty ideas on our blog!
- 1 box of cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup The Classic or The Spicy, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix cornbread mix, egg, and milk according to instructions on box until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Add chopped candied pecans and gently fold in.
- Let mixture sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Grease a heart-shaped (or 8x8) cake pan and pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve immediately with your soup, stew, or casserole!
For more amazing Fortune Favor-inspired recipes, subscribe to our mailing list!