No need to stress over this no-knead bread recipe! *crickets chirping* 😅
This bread has a light crust, a sweet burst of fruit, and a little Fortune Favors crunch. Bread-making doesn't have to be just a quarantine phase! (But you might not want to use that yeast packet that's been sitting in your cupboard since March 2020.)
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups bread flour (or all purpose flour)
- ½ cup Fortune Favors The Classic candied pecans, roughly chopped or halved
- ½-⅔ cup raisins
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp yeast (instant or active dry)
- 1 ½ cups warm water (up to 130° F)
- About 2 tbsp extra flour for shaping
- Combine flours, Fortune Favors, raisins, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in water until it’s well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours. (Dough should be puffy and dotted with bubbles).
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface and sprinkle dough with a little flour. Using a scraper, fold dough over 10-12 times and shape into a rough ball.
- Place in a parchment paper-lined bowl and cover with a towel. Let stand on counter for about 30 minutes.
- Place a 3-5 quart Dutch oven with lid in a cold oven and preheat to 450° F.
- When the oven reaches 450° F, carefully remove the Dutch oven from the oven using oven mitts. Lift the parchment paper and dough and place gently into the Dutch oven (with the parchment paper). Cover Dutch oven, place in oven, and reduce heat to 400° F.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let bread cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.