Fortune Favors candied pecans aren't your average store-bought candied pecan, which are often coated in sugar. Those pecans might taste good, but they lack the natural pecan flavor. Our pecans are the perfect balance of sweet and salty and they're versatile—perfect as a snack, but also a great addition to baked goods and entrees!
This baked chicken recipe features our Fortune Favors The Everything, which form a crispy and savory crust that you'll get to enjoy in every bite. Roast your favorite veggies as a side or serve with a salad and fresh bread!
- 3/4 cup Fortune Favors The Everything seasoned pecans
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- Optional sides:
- Your favorite oven-roasted veggies
- Fresh baguette
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Finely chop The Everything. You can use a food processor but do not over pulse or the oil from the pecans will separate and create a soft texture. (4-6 pulses is probably good). We're looking for as dry and crumb-like of a texture as possible. (Some oily-ness is okay!)
- On a large plate or shallow bowl, mix chopped The Everything and bread crumbs together.
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts or thighs.
- Set chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Coat one side of each piece of chicken with honey mustard using a spoon or brush.
- Generously sprinkle chopped pecans over each piece. Lightly press pecans into chicken using a large spoon or your hand.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken.
- Remove from oven and serve with roasted veggies and a fresh baguette!
Recipe developed in the test kitchen of a Fortune Favors staff member :)