At the end of 2021, I decided to sign up for a Half Ironman*.
Fortune Favors tastes good and has many nutritional benefits. It's a great choice for those who exercise recreationally, for professional athletes, and for anyone in between! Fortune Favors is often called "keto-friendly" because it's low in sugar and a great source of healthy fats. And unlike many store-bought pecans that are coated in sugar, you can actually enjoy the flavorful pecan taste itself.
Fortune Favors is the perfect snack for refueling and recovering!
Fortune Favors is:
- Low in sugar: Fortune Favors candied pecans contain only 5 grams of sugar per serving (that's 50% less sugar than most other candied pecan brands).
- Source of protein & fiber: Pecans are a moderate source of protein, which is needed to help build muscle, and fiber, which is great for keeping us regular ;)
- Salty: Sodium is an electrolyte that helps our bodies recover after physical activity (in tandem with drinking lots of water to rehydrate!)
- Contains healthy fats: Fortune Favors is made up of mostly monounsaturated fat, which has been found to decrease the risk of heart disease.
- Source of vitamins & minerals: Pecans contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, and potassium, which support a strong immune system.
- Delicious: If you know, you know... if you don't, try some Fortune Favors today! :)
I'm looking forward to fueling with Fortune Favors throughout my training and I know I will definitely have some waiting for me at the Half Ironman finish line in September!
—Claire K, Team Nutkrack