Buying gifts and planning family gatherings can be stressful, but one taste of these tiny turtles might help you slow down and enjoy what the holidays are all about. For a festive look, top with holiday sprinkles or dust lightly with flaky sea salt while the chocolate is still warm!
(Makes about 36 turtles)
¼ pound Fortune Favors candied pecans
(1) 11 oz bag baking caramels (such as Kraft baking caramels or make your own!)
8-12 oz, Ambrosia milk or dark chocolate, roughly cut into small to medium chunks
Festive sprinkles or flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place The Classic pecans in pairs, spread out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a caramel cube on each pair of pecans and melt lightly in the oven for 2-5 minutes (time will vary depending on the oven). The caramels should be soft but not melting completely or spilling onto parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave on low power or in a sauce pan on the stove on low heat. Stir constantly until melted completely.
- Remove pecans with caramels from the oven.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of each caramel (about ½-1 tbsp of chocolate per pecan pair).
- For a festive look, add sprinkles or sea salt while chocolate is still warm.